Camberwick Green & Thought for the Day



Listening to Radio 4 this morning, when "Thought for the Day" - the 3 minute religious / spiritual slot on the Today programme - was about to start.  So, as the presentrer was announcing the programme, I was trying to guess who was going to present the slot today - shouting at the radio "Mona Siddiqui".

This took me back to when I was a kid, back in the Seventies, watching Camberwick Green, trying to guess the the main character to appear in the episode.   During the opening credits of Camberwick Green, a musical box rotated to music while the lid of the box slowly opens and the character featured in the episode gradually emerges.  Windy Miller was my favourite character and I was always pleased when he appeared from the box. 

But my guess for "Thought for the Day" was wrong.  Unfortunately, it wasn't Mona Siddiqui - I usually like what she has to say;  but it was Rabbi Sacks!  Woohoo! My favourite!  


Comments

Popular Posts