Delicate like . . An HP laser printer

Last week, for some reason unbeknown to me at the time, I found myself singing or humming Terrence Trent D'Arby's 1993 hit with Desree "Delicate" - out of the blue.   I was singing it for thee days on the trot and couldn't work out why. I had not listened to any music on the way to work, not heard any music at all that day, nor had any song popped into my head as a result of a dream or as a connection to a random thought.  Highly irritating - especially as I couldn't get the song out of my head (still can't).

Anyway. I eventually sussed out what it was. Whenever something is sent to print on our new HP laser printer in the office it bursts into life, groans and clatters a bit, then first two notes of the melody of Delicate can be heard as it prints - pitch perfect too!

Now I've just noticed last night that my printer at home, coincidentally an HP printer (inkjet), also plays a tune; when it finishes a print - it plays the first two notes of the theme tune to Andrew Neil's Thursday night politics show on BBC1 "This Week".  Aaaaarrrgh!

Comments

Popular Posts