The Queen whining about mobile phones

So the Queen is moaning about the modern obsession of capturing every moment with a camera. Everywhere she goes nowadays, all she sees is a sea of mobile phones pointing at her.  Everyone wanting to capture the moment, or grab a selfie - no-one engaging with her or making eye contact.

Well she can piss off!

Sorry your Majesty, I don't mean to be disloyal or treacherous, I'm just still a bit cut-up from when you deliberately blanked me five years ago, when you were opening the central library in Newcastle.  

Not making eye contact!  I was there for you! My eyes were there - both of them - begging for contact.  Did I get it - did I shite!

Her visit to the library was over, the crowds had largely dispersed, I was a lone spectator, standing on the central reservation on John Dobson Street, watching as her Bentley slowly turned the corner from New Bridge Street on to John Dobson Street.  She was sitting in the car at the side closest to me; as the car passed, the Queen was only a few yards from me, our lips could have touched if she had wound her window down (readers, she is a GILF after all - shit, that's me defo for the Tower).  I'm waving, and smiling like the obsequious, hat-doffing, forelock-tugging prole that I am, longing for her gaze to meet mine and for her eyes to thank me graciously for the 50p I gave her to keep the roof over her head. 

But no, the gable-end brickwork of the Laing Art Gallery was more interesting than me. Sorry Ma'am, I know my place.




http://novumcastellum.blogspot.co.uk/p/newcastle-central-library.html
http://novumcastellum.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/the-queen-opens-newcastle-central.html

Comments

Popular Posts